1. I will be so happy when tomorrow's game is over. We are so not football fans (I know, it's almost unpatriotic to admit that!) Up until yesterday, I didn't even know who was playing in the Super Bowl (other than the Patriots...because "team spirit" day at work was the talk of the week and my boss is a huge Patriots fan). The whole "Deflate Gate" was hard for me to wrap my head around and the drama has been
2. I am reading a really good book. I picked it up after seeing that it was written by Colleen McCullough, who wrote The Thorn Birds (which I LOVED).
3. So, here ends the first month of the 2,015 in 2015 Mileage Challenge. I had set a goal of hitting an average of 5.5 miles per day and I am thrilled to say that, as of last night, I have logged 175 miles this month! That's 4.5 miles more than I needed AND today isn't logged yet. I am going to bank those extra miles for next month (knowing that I won't be getting in 5.5 per day when I go on vacation). Yay, Me!
4. For Christmas, my hubby bought me a tv for my dreadmilling pleasure. I am not really into watching tv, my attention span is not very long, but I needed something to stare at as I get those miles in. This past weekend, all the moons and stars aligned and the tv is now working! The big question was... What to watch? I surfed through Netflix and found an intriguing show that aired last year. If you've ever watched Salem, you know it's a "little" dark (Quite the opposite of Downton Abbey!). The second season doesn't air until the spring. If you haven't seen it, give it a try and let me know what you think!
5. My final "5" for today is this... I am lusting after these boots. I don't know why. I've never owned a pair of Uggs before and have never really wanted to jump on that bandwagon. I don't know if it's this insanely cold, snowy weather pattern we are in (they look cozy), or if it's the fact that I am tired of having cold feet (I've heard they are super warm), or if I am just jonesing to spend a gift certificate that I got LAST Christmas (as in 2013) but...Ooooo, I want them :)
Enjoy the rest of the weekend!