1. Plans and projects... lots of stuff in the works. I met with the man who is going to fix the ceilings in my kitchen and dining room. He is scheduling me in for a time NEXT WEEK. I am doing the happy dance!! Fingers crossed that he does a fabulous job! It would be nice if something finally went "right" with this money pit!
2. It's been a gorgeous week here! The snow is still around in patchy spots, but for the most part it's gone. The melting snow sure revealed a big surprise as it slowly disappeared!
3. In my continuing mission to
4. As I've been cleaning out, I came across some old magnetic albums in my attic. Ugh. The albums are not in good shape. Many of the pictures are fused to the pages or have deteriorated due to the "magnetic" adhesive used to secure the pictures. I've started pulling the albums apart so I can save some of the pictures in new albums. What a big job!! This project is going to take me awhile!!
5. This week also involved going to the local DIY/Home Improvement store. This girl is going to do things around this house that she has NEVER considered doing before. My brother dropped off a mitre saw and a nail gun so I can do some work in the office. Yikes! Having never used either, I'm a "little" afraid, but I have time to work up to using them. The wainscoting that I'm installing has to be stained and polyurethaned first. The picture below shows boards waiting to be clear coated. I am estimating that this is about a quarter of what I am going to need. Good times, good times.
|Just the beginning!|
I hope everyone has had a great week and is looking forward to a restful weekend.
Enjoy whatever projects you have planned!