Friday, January 2, 2015

Happy New Year!

http://alizadventures.blogspot.com/search/label/five%20on%20friday
Happy New Year!  It's so hard to believe it is 2015, ALREADY!  My family has a busy year ahead of us... we are looking forward to 2 Bridal Showers, 2 Weddings, and 3 Graduations.  

The end of 2014 eased its way out in a nice, happy way.

1.  There was this girl, whom I got to spend time with...
My cousin's daughter
We had a fabulous New Year's Eve with family.  Hung out with my brother, his wife and their kids.  We went bowling (I haven't done that in years!!) and then we went back to their house for Chinese food.  My parents joined us for an unexpected surprise.  On New Year's Day, she and I went to breakfast at IHOP.  Ah... "dessert" for breakfast.  What a nice way to start the year!

2.  I wrapped up another month of walking...logging 133.7 miles for the month.  I moved more last month than I did in November, which surprised me!  My dreadmill use was definitely less since I was so busy with the holidays, but the time spent shopping added to my walking totals.  Looking ahead... I may do a year long challenge of 2015 miles in 2015.  Yikes!  That means approximately 5.5 miles per day.  Every. Day.  Still debating about that!

3.  My weigh in this week was a little scary anxiety inducing, but I did it any way.  I had decided that it was "okay", no regrets.  *Sigh*  I am up 2.4 lbs.  My first gain since I started in September.  Obviously, I am still not back on track because I continue to...
This cracks me up!


4.  A while ago (probably last summer), I created a bucket list of things that I'd like to accomplish over the next few years.  I added it to my Blog this week (FINALLY figured out how!).  Check it out.  What do you think?  Do you have a bucket list?  Short or long term goals?

5.  My New Year's Resolutions... Start on that Bucket List!  By the end of the year, I'd like to have completed 15 of the 50 things I've listed.  Obviously, health and fitness are at the top of my list.  Overall, I am liking the direction I am going in... right now, I am in a pretty good place :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment