|Linking up with Love Made My Home|
1. I really needed a pick me up last weekend, so I let my hairdresser work her magic and now I have an adorable new "do". I don't know what happened to me. I got into a rut and have been stuck there for a couple years. My hair was often the topic of conversations. We had a on-going joke that once we started a new year, I would have new hair. Each start of the school year I would show up with something new and different. New style, new color, straight, curly, etc. My philosophy was: "It's hair. It'll grow back. If I don't like it, next month I'll change it." Until I got tired of it short. Once it started to grow, that's when the rut began to form. Well, I'm back to it being short and, while it's an adjustment, I'm loving it. It's cute and sassy, two things that... quite honestly... I'm not really feeling right now.
2. This week has been bad (that's coming next). So, I did a little self medicating with this fabulous cheesecake. It's just one of the little things (along with wine and chocolate) that has helped me cope.
|I ate the whole thing. No regrets.|
3. I have no words. I almost didn't post today because, well, there haven't been many good days this week. At all. My husband's uncle passed away unexpectedly, so hubby went out of town to help deal with his possessions and pay his respects. The day after the news of his uncle's death, I got a call saying my father's cousin had passed away after having a stroke. 63 years old, married with 3 kids - the youngest being 13. And then, this morning I went into work to hear that a colleague passed away. 28 years old. No details, just that she is gone. All this and the anniversary of my best friend's death. I am just wrung out.
4. No more badness... Number 3 was enough.
5. This week was a full moon (GORGEOUS moon!!), combine that with it being the week before Halloween and you have a whole lotta ugly. I don't often mention my work world. I NEVER talk about the kids I have in class, nor do I talk about the myriad of things that occur during the day that leave me shaking my head. I am going to let go and say it out loud... THE CHILDREN HAVE LOST THEIR MINDS.
Here's hoping for a good weekend. That break that I talked about last Friday? Yeah, any time now would be great.
For anyone who is stopping by, looking for the happiness that Friday usually brings.
I am sorry for being a downer :(