Thursday, July 25, 2013

Wall-Pops!

When I read Growing Kinders' ideas and question about how we manage to post target learning goals in our classrooms, I knew I just had to share!  I LOVE Wall-Pops.  They are "removable wall decals".  I stick them right to my whiteboard.  They can be written on with dry erase markers, cleaned off with felt erasers or white board spray and paper towel, and can be repositioned without damaging the board.  Being approximately the size of a dinner plate, there is plenty of room to write a short learning objective.  And... most importantly, they look cute :)

I always write the objective/target with the kids as we begin each lesson.  My district has encouraged this strategy for the past few years and it is now listed as part of the lesson on our new evaluation tool.  Since I was HORRIBLE at remembering to do this, the brightly colored circles on the board provide a nice visual reminder.   I wish I had a picture of my classroom to share!  
 Wallpops Dots, Blox, Stripes
  I am sure there are many other ways they can be used (maybe on a table as a space to practice skills during a small group?)  Hmmm... I'll have to think about that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment