Thursday, August 9, 2012

Pulling it together?

It's amazing how time just gets away from me.  I had all intentions of posting Tuesday, but I didn't.  I wanted to post yesterday, still no post.  So much for good intentions!  Tuesday I was BUSY - manic, flat out, how am I ever going to get all this done?? busy.  I made "stuff" for my room, did laundry, ran the kids around to various places, cleaned a little, attended two meetings, ran errands, visited my parents, went to dinner, came home and just said "Phew, that was alot!"  I have decided that I am no longer allowed to go to the Dollar Tree and AC Moore.  It's just too tempting!  Here are just a few of the *necessary* things I picked up...
Needs a cute label - Right?



These are the new pointers for my Read/Write Around the Room center.  The bucket was a Dollar Tree purchase, along with some BIG eyeglasses and some magnifying glasses that have long handles (could also be used for "bug hunting", but that is just the manufacturer's recommendation).

Love these!!




I found these cuties at AC Moore.  My initial plan was to hand paint wooden pieces and glue them to dowels.  While I was looking for an easier solution considering all my options, I stumbled across these pieces that were already done.  YAY!  They  each cost under a dollar and were easily hot glued onto the dowels.  My kiddos are going to love them!



I also bought:  baskets (small ones, medium ones, large ones - just because I could!), chip and dip trays (to be used as paint trays), felt (which has been cut into squares for when the kids work with white boards), and poster board for my new Daily 5 posters.

"Paint Trays" and  felt square "Erasers"

Yesterday, I played hooky...from life.  Packed the kids up and joined two of my closest friends at the beach.  It was nice.  It was restful.  It was a much needed break from "vacation".
Back to the real world - We'll see what today brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment