Friday, April 24, 2015

Wine, Chocolate, and Chips. Oh, My!

http://www.the-good-life-blog.com/

It's Friday, Again!  Here ends my Staycation (sadly).  I ate, drank, and was merry this week (there will be no fitness update in this post!)  I do have the weekend, but it will be just like any other... laundry, cleaning, and school work.  Bummer.  I do have one last hurrah planned tonight with friends (dinner and a movie), but then it's back to the real world (no more wine, chocolate or chips!).  So...what exciting things did I do this week?  Well, let's see...

1.  I had an awesome time hanging out with one of my oldest and dearest friends.  We had a "girls' day" that included lunch, a pedicure, and shopping.  Lunch was decadent... stuffed chicken parmesan, penne pasta, and a glass of Chablis.  SO Good!  Shopping was great fun.  I bought a dress for a wedding next month.  And the pedicure?  I don't know why I was so reluctant to get one.  It was FABULOUS.  I have trouble just sitting for any length of time, but it was SO worth it!
Yummy Lunch!

2.  I spent Wednesday with my cousin, getting our craft on.  She is getting married in September and wants a brooch bouquet.  After months of collecting pins from family and friends, she finally had enough for us to begin the process.  Thankfully, my husband was home to make some helpful suggestions and we finished putting "stems" on the pins in very little time (much less time than it would have taken without a power tool!)  We are more than half done... YAY!  At least, I think the most time consuming part is done.  The assembly "should" go a little quicker (I hope I am not jinxing myself!)

                              
Pins on the left are some of what we started with.  The "flowers" on the right are just waiting to be made into the completed bouquet :)



3.  Shopping?  Was there shopping?  Yes, yes, and yes.  I had every intention of controlling myself, but no, it did not happen.  I *needed* tea mugs for when I entertain (that one time a year when my tea drinking relatives come to visit!).  Aren't these quite nice....
They were a steal at three dollars a piece.  I did show some control.  I only bought four (In an effort to have full disclosure, that's all they had.  BUT... I have not gone to other stores in the area looking for more.  See?  Control.) 

4.  Then there were towels.  I *needed* new towels, too.  Some of mine are getting a little sketchy and need to be replaced.  Is being this happy over a new set a towels a sign of getting old?  After twenty years of being married, I could really use another bridal shower.  Stuff is just wearing out, y'all.

5.  And finally, I did do some *necessary* clothing shopping.  Last weekend, I did the big fall-winter to spring-summer clothing swap.  I was harsh with myself and got rid of four garbage bags of things that either did not fit or were just not okay anymore.  The sad reality once I was done was this... 2 pairs of pants and 3 pairs of jeans to wear to work.  That's it...No skirts, no dresses, no capris.  I did manage to find two skorts and 3 pairs of capris in my shopping travels.  Of course, there have still been white flakes falling outside, on and off, these past couple of days (Seriously, where is Spring??), so I may be regretting my new wardrobe!

Hope you had a great week..
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I totally fell in love with brooch bouquets...about a year after I got married. I hope you post a pic of the finished bouquet :)

    ReplyDelete