Friday, April 17, 2015

Better Now

http://www.the-good-life-blog.com/

Happy FRIDAY!!  And what is better than it being Friday?  Tomorrow, vacation starts!!  YAY!  Nine Glorious Days of being able to do what I want and when I want.  I have "big" plans for my closet, but that's about it.  I've been thinking about my last post and I want to just say, thankfully, that whole badness was not long suffered.  A little retail therapy went a long way this week, as well as the great time I had with my family on Sunday (which was probably the trigger for the down slide).  So... this week in a nut shell...

1.  Sunday was Greek Easter and my brother and sister-in-law resurrected a past family tradition.  The kids had personalized plastic eggs to search for, complete with clues, that led them to their Easter gifts.  It brought back such great memories of being with my grandparents and the Easter egg hunts we had annually.  The eggs below?  My parents had saved the eggs (because one should never get rid of anything...you just never know when you will need it) and now a new tradition is being established.  A great time was had by all.  Even my kids, who are older, thought it was great fun!
 2.  As I mentioned last week, we've had tons to celebrate over the past few weeks.  My husband and I celebrated our 20th Wedding Anniversary on Wednesday.  Yikes!  Where did that time go?!  We had a quiet night at home, but the plan is to go out for a nice dinner this weekend :)
 
The cake I brought for dessert on Sunday.  Yum!






3.  I "had" to do some shopping this week.  I am sick of my winter clothes and I have "nothing" for this in-between time.  It is time to pack up the sweaters and heavy weight clothes.  Next season please!  I had a very nice time poking around Kohl's and I ended up getting about six tops.  I wore this one yesterday :)
So cute and super flattering!!
My next mission is pants and/or capris.  I hate shopping for those items, so I am going to wait to see what's in the spring/summer-wear boxes that are in the attic before I go torture myself (let's hope there's something up there that will work!)

4.  In my travels I came across these...
I talked myself out of getting them because I really don't need something else around here to put wine in (I have SO many glasses already!), but I think these are very fun.  I love the "Drinks Well With Others", because well, I do!  I haven't completely walked away from them yet because I have a gift card that is burning a hole in my wallet.  I may have to go back to the store and "force" myself to get them :)

5.  Planning on loving, appreciating, and living each moment of the next week because...

This?  This is a true story!
      
Happy Friday, everyone! 


No comments:

Post a Comment