Monday, June 30, 2014

Yeah. Not today.

Ugh.  That's how I'll start.  I don't know if what is going on with me is mental or truly physical.  I have been doing C25K for a few weeks now and I am slowly coming to believe that, with perseverance, it IS possible to get to the end goal.  Until yesterday.  Yesterday, I THINK I felt a twinge in my ankle.  A twinge that freaked me out because I don't want to end up back here.....
 
Ironically, I am in exactly the same place (Week 3, Day 1) as I was approximately a year ago.  I have been telling myself that.... NO, I am fine.  It's not at all like it was then, when I didn't realize what had happened and that all I was doing was making it worse by trying to work through the pain.  But that little twinge from yesterday?  It has me backing WAY off.  A little tiny bit of running today and then I just walked the rest of the loop.  I am frustrated because while I want to push it, I don't want to be stupid about this.  I am leaving for Los Angeles next week and I refuse to be back in that boot for my "vacation".  It is not happening!  

So, panic? Paranoia? Over reaction?  I hope I am just being ridiculous.  I really want this to happen.  I like the feeling of accomplishment and I would like to think this is making me stronger, that last year was just a fluke.  I am thinking I may need to talk to someone with more knowledge... it can't be that I am "overdoing it", yet I am obviously doing something "wrong".  I have been sensible about my pacing (taking it slow), have the right gear as far as shoes are concerned, and have been taking the recommended day off in between runs to allow for recovery.  Medically, everything is in the clear (bone density, over all health, etc.).  Taking a break over the next week.  I'll probably continue walking and/or try swimming.  Definitely need a plan for when I come back from the conference I am attending though.  Again, Ugh.     

No comments:

Post a Comment