Friday, December 26, 2014

Merry, Merry!

 
In my world, it is Jammie Day.  IF I feel like it, I may get dressed, but it's not looking promising!  A day of relaxation?  Eh, we'll see!  My idea of relaxing has changed over the years... with so much busyness, relaxing sometimes means taking time to get caught up, without hustle and bustle.  It's a luxury to be able to move slowly, without my head racing through all the things that "need" to get done Right. This. Minute.  So far, my claims to fame include finishing a book (before I even got out of bed!) and enjoying a cup of tea with homemade Greek cookies that my sister-in-law made for us (YUM!).  This might just be my favorite day of the entire year.  The Christmas craze is over and a week of vacation stretches ahead with endless opportunities.  Ahhhh....it's nice.

I thought I'd chime in on a 5 On Friday.... but the blogging world is quiet today.  I'm going for it anyway... 

1.  My weekly weigh in was an exciting one this week!  30.6 lbs lost!! I'll celebrate now, because I am willing to bet that my next weigh-in is going to show a "slight" increase (no regrets, it was all worth it!!)

2.  I saw my best friend's daughter on Christmas Eve (I hope you are watching over her, Kerri.  She's having a hard time without you.)  I love that kid and it tears me apart to not see her as often as I'd like.  I am thrilled to say that she is spending the night with us on New Year's Eve!  I'm looking forward to having her all to myself... She makes my heart happy :)

3.  I hate to get my hopes up but... It looks like we may be having some more work done on this old house.  It will be a belated Christmas miracle if it all works out.  My cousin's fiancĂ© agreed to come look at our front foyer and replace the flooring.  We have lived in this house for 19 years and this is one area of the house that has never been worked on.  EEK!! I can't believe it is actually going to happen!!  (Once he gets here, I may never let him leave... there are so many undone projects that he could finish... I am giddy just thinking about it!)

4.  Fitness Update:  So far this month I have logged 119.0 miles, which is 10 more miles than I had on this date last month.  I need to get back into the dreadnmill habit.  With the day to day craziness, the dreadmill has been sadly neglected.  I have to say... I miss it (SHOCKING!) 

And then there's the Squat Challenge.  Well, just no.  I made it to 80 squats and couldn't make myself continue.  The knees?  They are thanking me for that very wise decision.  I'm over it.  Moving on...


5.  I feel that Christmas was a success!  I managed to pull it all together without losing my mind.  Time management is not always a strength for me.  But this year?  I nailed it!  This past week has actually been fun!  I had time to bake cookies (amazing!), visit with friends (long overdue), and get my house in "order" (we'll use that term very loosely).  

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday... Final thought for today?  This is where I am right now....

No comments:

Post a Comment