Saturday, March 29, 2014

Holy Hot Mess!

There are times in my life I look around and think "Whose life is this???"  I've been busy....really busy.  This past week was a little crazier than my normal crazy.  In addition to my regularly scheduled program, I also managed to squeeze in: five meetings (2 before work, 3 after), a College Fair with my daughter, mentoring a colleague, dinner out with my brother (totally unplanned, but a nice break!) and the added craziness of being evaluated, conferences, etc.  Anyway, I knew in a "oh, this is going to catch up with me" way, that things would eventually be bad.

While I was out, my house went rogue.  Dishes, laundry, dust, pet hair, stuff laying around.  It was a day of reckoning around here today.  Dishes?  Let's do a head count.  How many people live here?  The answer....4 (well, sometimes 5, if I count my son's best friend).  How is it even POSSIBLE in a house with a dishwasher that Every. Single. glass, plate, and utensil is dirty?  I just don't get it.  

Laundry?  My laundry has laundry.  I don't get that either.  Even if I could run my washer and dryer, straight through, from now until tomorrow night, I would not have it all done within the weekend.  It's been going all day.  I can't even count the number of loads I have done, and yet...still not caught up.  Again.. How many people live here?  4?  Are you sure?

And finally, the dust?  Ugh.  It's been a while.  Let me just say that those dust bunnies aren't too smart.  If they stopped hiding quietly under the beds and in corners and hooked up with the pet hair.... well, let's just say they could have taken over the world.

I've done lots today and I suppose I should feel accomplished, but there is still so much more to do.  Tomorrow is another day.  Right?  I wonder what new things I can find to tackle.  Pretty sure I'm not going to have to look too far.

Sometimes I think I go back to work to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment